Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Daily Blend: Tuesday, October 12, 2010

| »
Rachel Maddow
Rachel Maddow
  • Kudos to Jen at Blag Hag for honoring the spirit of National Coming Out Day with her courageous, magnificent post. Reminds me how I wish I were bi, too. Bigger market, best of both worlds. *sighs*

  • For all you hapless non-rich people and non-Americans who can’t make it to Washington, DC on October 30, join the Virtual Rally to Restore Sanity!

  • PolitiFact examines some Republican claims about cutting Medicare, shockingly finds they’re pretty much all bullshit.

  • The Rachel Maddow Show [Maddow pictured] slowly but surely eclipsing Keith Olbermann’s Countdown as MSNBC’s #1 show.

  • Is the answer for reducing drunk driving to abolish drunk driving laws altogether? Radley Balko argues. I’m rather reticent. There’s no doubt that the only thing keeping a scary number of drunk drivers off the roads is the fear of being caught and punished. I think this warrants more research into the matter.

  • Radio Creationists parading as science broadcasters attack Phil Plait (Bad Astronomy) for debunking another Creationist’s claim that astronomers use the word “evolution” just as biologists do, make royal idiots of themselves with usual dishonesty. Don’t ever wonder why they’re called creotards.

  • I used to joke about Birthers demanding President Obama’s DNA as proof. Then I read this report and left a new crater in my desk.

  • God Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder. I would’ve gone with psychopathic schizophrenia, myself, but I’ll take it.

If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.