Tuesday, November 03, 2009

The goggles!! They do nothing!!!

| »

Oh dear, I’ve just gone blind.

Ray Comfort … apologizes for misrepresenting evolution? He makes an actual, honest apology – about his nonsense regarding the co-evolution of males and females, no less?

See for yourselves:

I’m going to try and put this so that it can’t be taken out of context. I sincerely apologize for misrepresenting what Darwinian evolution says about the origin of males and females. I have checked out the references you have given me as to what the theory has to say about their genesis, read them again and again, and I still don’t understand what you believe. It doesn’t make sense to me because I can’t reconcile what I see in creation with what you would have me believe about evolution. Still, that doesn’t give me the right to misrepresent your beliefs, even if it was done in ignorance.

This has to be the very first time I’ve elected not to use the “negative” Comic Sans font for something Comfort has said.

I do have doubts about his misrepresentation of the co-evolution of males and females being “done in ignorance” (meaning it was unintentional, not that he was ignorant about it, which he is), but nevertheless, it is pleasing to hear what appears to be a genuine apology from someone like Comfort. I suppose he got sick of endlessly being beat over the head with actual evidence and good science. Now, let us hope he truly does begin to grow a shred of intellectual honesty and starts to issue more “sorry”s for the rest of the nonsense he spouts – that atheists believe that “nothing created everything”, or that evolution has anything to do with the creation of the universe, the Earth, or life on Earth (abiogenesis), or any of the ridiculously false beliefs he holds about evolution. I may never like him, but at least I would perhaps begin to respect him.