Saturday, August 27, 2011

Four-year-old preacher paraded around on ‘The TODAY Show’

| »

Child abuse paraded around as spiritual enlightenment on MSNBC’s The TODAY Show. I only skimmed it and I’m still nauseated.

(No transcript – didn’t watch the whole thing and not going to.)

How clearer can it get that the poor kid has no idea what the fuck he’s even chanting about on stage? Mere regurgitation of whatever preachy crap he gets from his parents or assorted televangelists hardly seems like a worthwhile sermon. If this doesn’t illustrate how religion likes to rot your mind while you’re still young and malleable, I don’t know what does.

This is child abuse. And it’s being presented as if it were some sort of holy and virtuous phenomenon. I don’t even know what to say.

(via Joe. My. God.)