Friday, December 25, 2009

My Christmas present to you: butchering more traditional songs

| »

These days, listening to the radio is particularly painful for, in addition to the regular muck, we also now get tons of mediocre cover versions of old classics (screw giving examples; you name it, chances are it’s been covered). They make the music-lover in me shrivel up and cry. So, I’ve decided to share my pain with y’all (well, sorta): Hemant Mehta has dug up a Bollywood “remake” of ‘Jingle Bells’, and … well, frankly, I’m not sure how to react to it. Hard to decide whether to laugh or cringe. (Unless both are possible.) One thing’s for certain: it’ll scar you for life.

I never knew Santa could look so freaky. Or that he apparently wears really tight-binding underwear. Though, you gotta hand it to those Indians[1]: they do know how to make music that is as strange as it is hellishly catchy.

[1] Yes, “Indian” is the proper term for someone from India. “Hindi” is the Indian language, and “Hindu” is someone who adheres to Hinduism, the Indian religion. Learn your distinctions, folks.

(via Friendly Atheist)