Monday, August 20, 2012

I swear this is my last post about my music player [updated]

| »
Computer speaker

It’s been a hell of a couple of weeks since my long-beloved embedded audio player (the Google Reader podcast player) suddenly up and died on me. But after a couple of tentative and deeply imperfect solutions, I’ve finally, exasperatedly, arrived at what I dearly hope is the last solution I’ll be making in a long while.

Long story short, I was able to find a copy of the source code for the original Google Reader player, and after re-uploading it to FileDen, I now have a fully functional audio player that works perfectly across all modern major browsers (I’ve tried it in Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer – because people apparently still use that one). You can see it in glorious action right here!

By the by, if I sound anything less than totally excited right now, that’s probably because I now need to go and manually revamp all 50 of my music posts. Again. Again.

Seriously, the things I do for you people. Bah! Will update here when done.

UPDATE: 08/20/12 6:37 PM ET —

Okay, that went rather faster than expected, given that I didn’t need to upload and convert and reupload and reorganize and link several dozen files this time around. All song posts are finalized. And I’m officially done with this player stuff for a while.