Monday, July 16, 2012

Fail Quote: FL Lt. Gov. says pretty Black women don’t lesbianate

| »
Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll (R-FL)
Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll (R-FL)

It appears the relatively frenzied blogging streak of the previous week exhausted my muse, so here’s another dumb quote to keep this place alive. From Florida Lieutenant Governor Jennifer Carroll (R), responding to accusations of having an affair with one of her female aides:

The problem is that when you have these accusations that come out, it’s not just one person you’re attacking. It’s an entire family. My husband doesn’t want to hear that. He knows the type of woman I am. I mean, my kids know the type of woman I am. For twenty-nine years – I’m the one that’s married for twenty-nine years. The accuser is the one that’s been single for a long time. So usually black women that look like me don’t engage in relationships like that.

You know, it actually sounded quite reasonable until that petty dig, and it all just fell right off a cliff from there. Because lesbians can’t be pretty, naturally, especially if they’re Black. It’s just, like, biology or something.

Edit (07/16/12 5:30 PM ET) – Fixed a typo. (via Daz)