Thursday, February 02, 2012

Jesus & Mo try to simplify the Quran

| »

In which Jesus takes the Thomas Jefferson approach to the Islamic holy book:

“dross” [posted 02/01/12] | Jesus and Mo
My transcript: (click the [+/-] to expand/collapse →) []

[PANEL 1]

JESUS: You know how Thomas Jefferson cut out all the dross from the Bible to produce his own edited version? I’m doing the same with the Koran

[PANEL 2]

MOHAMMAD: I must admit the Angel Jibrail repeated himself quite a lot

JESUS: Take a look. I’ve printed it out for you

[PANEL 3]

MOHAMMAD: Just one sheet?

JESUS: I think I’ve captured its essence

[PANEL 4]

SHEET:

THE HOLY KORAN

  • This is true
  • Allah is great and merciful
  • Those who believe this will be rewarded
  • Disbelievers will burn
  • This is really true
  • Seriously – they will burn
  • JESUS: It’s still a bit repetitious

    Guess you just can’t really simplify something with a content of 99% pure dross.

    (via Friendly Atheist)

    Tags: