Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Fail Quote: TheAmazingAtheist, wretched MRA [updated]

| »
TJ “TheAmazingAtheist” Kincaid
TheAmazingAtheist

TRIGGER WARNING: Rape-baiting (or whatever you’d call it).

And a second godless icon (of sorts) bites the dust. Barely a day after Penn Jillette decimates the respect I had for him, another well-known atheist, moderately popular YouTuber TJ Kincaid (aka TheAmazingAtheist), takes to Reddit and reveals his true colors in penning the following in response to a rape victim:

Yeah. Well, you deserved it. So, fuck you. I hope it happens again soon. I'm tired of being treated like shit by you mean little cunts and then you using your rape as an excuse. Fuck you. I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you fucking drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow. Actually, I don't believe you were ever raped! What man would be tasteless enough to stick his dick into a human cesspool like you? Nice gif of a turd going into my mouth. Is that kind of like the way that rapists dick went in your pussy? Or did he use your asshole? Or was it both? Maybe you should think about it really hard for the next few hours. Relive it as much as possible. You know? Try to recall: was it my pussy or my ass?

I’ll admit, I had more difficultly getting through that than I did Encyclopedia Dramatica’s “Offended[NSFW] page. And there’s lots more where it came from – PZ Myers eviscerates the whole disgusting mess (along with TJ’s remarkably bad attempt at a response, which PZ also destroys). I was never very interested in his rants in the first place, having mentioned him on this blog exactly once previously, but I suppose it’s only natural that someone capable of spewing such bile would find a suitable home in Reddit’s MRA subsection.

If anything, seeing two prominent atheists reveal their latent sexist assholery only underlines the importance of seeing more and more godless bloggers raising the issue of feminism and equality.


UPDATE (02/08/12 7:07 PM ET) – The Atheist Experience has a lengthy and detailed analysis of the entire hateful thread, if you can stomach it.

(via Pharyngula)