Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Brainwashed young girl asks Maryland legislature to deny gay marriage as her birthday present [updated]

| »

While I have no problem with parents who choose to homeschool their kids, I do believe there should (ideally) be some sort of regulatory process in place to make sure that these children aren’t being brainwashed into mindless drones for their whackjob parents’ delusional and hateful beliefs. And here’s a prime example: A homeschooled 14-year-old birthday girl asks the Maryland legislature to deny marriage equality for same-sex couples as a birthday present, parroting all kinds of typical homophobic canards that make it beyond obvious how much of a puppet she is:

My transcript: (click the [+/-] to expand/collapse →) []

GIRL: Hi, I’m Sarah Crank. Today’s my 14th birthday, and it would be the best birthday present ever if you would vote ‘no’ on gay marriage.

I really feel bad for the kids who have two parents of the same gender. Even though some kids feel like it’s fine, they have no idea what kind of wonderful experiences they miss out on. I don’t want any more kids to get confused about what’s right and okay. I really don’t want to grow up in a world where marriage isn’t such a special thing anymore.

It’s rather scary to think that when I grow up, the legislature or the court can change the definition of any word they want. If they can change the definition of ‘marriage’, then they can change the definition of any word.

People have the choice to be gay, but I don’t want to be affected by their choice. People say that they were just born that way, but I’ve met really nice adults who did change.

So please vote ‘no’ on gay marriage. Thank you.

MAN: Thank you, that was very good testimony. One last question. Where are you in school?

GIRL: I’m homeschooled.

MAN: Okay. Good for you, you get an ‘A’.

This is so wrong on so many levels that it practically defies explanation. The sheer amount of indoctrination ensnaring that poor young girl’s mind is hideous. And the fact that her parents are obviously parading her as a tool for their hateful propaganda is beyond loathsome. We can only hope young Sarah will eventually escape the clutches of her parents and their accursed dogma, though all things indicate that this enlightenment won’t be happening anytime soon.

I once again find myself wishing that Hell were a real place solely for the comfort of thinking these wretched excuses for parents might one day get to experience it first-hand.

(via Joe. My. God.)


UPDATE (02/02/12 6:48 PM ET) – I’ve heard the girl’s name was Sarah Crank. If so, then this story just got infused with a not-insignificant amount of irony.