Friday, January 28, 2011

Fail Quote: WSJ’s Taranto on origin of liberals’ dislike of Palin

| »

Here’s another one for the books, courtesy of Fox News. From the Wall Street Journal’s James Taranto, appearing on Hannity:

My transcript of the relevant excerpt(s):

SEAN HANNITY: What is it, James, about liberals hating Sarah Palin? I don’t – I can’t fully comprehend it.

JAMES TARANTO: […] I did a long analysis of this last week. It actually all comes down to sex. It originates with the liberal women, and it’s because they’re – she is a threat to their sexual identity.

There are some things you just don’t quite know how to respond to, least of all with a straight face. I presume he’s referring to the fact that Palin is generally thought of as an attractive woman, but even then, how “sexual identity” (does he even know what that means?) comes into play with people’s opinions of her is beyond me.

(via Media Matters for America)