Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Another awesome video showing the grandeur of science

| »

We can always use more videos showing the beauty, greatness, mystery, intrigue and outright coolness of the cosmos, and how pitiful our meaningless little manmade religions and their anthropocentric claims are in comparison. Here’s the latest work from YouTuber Phil Hellenes, which is made only better with the inclusion of some of the finale music from Sunshine [2004]. (And shame on you if you don’t recognize it, you heathen.)

The money quote (at the 2:57 mark):

‘It’s like the universe screams in your face. “Do you know what I am? How grand I am? How old I am? Can you even comprehend what I am? What are you, compared to me?” And when you know enough science, you can just smile up at the universe and reply, “Dude, I am you.”’

It’s beautiful ’cause it’s true. Needless to say, I’ve just given Phil Hellenes’s subscribers list a slight increase.

(via Pharyngula)

Tags: