Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fail Downright Horrendous Quote of the Day: Arkansas school board member unleashes fiery anti-gay hatred

| »
Clint McCance’s Facebook profile image
Clint McCance’s Facebook profile image
[source]

From Clint McCance, a school board member at Midland School District in Arkansas, taking to Facebook and sharing his very clear thoughts about “Spirit Day”, the global event where people were encouraged to wear purple in remembrance of the youths, both LGBT and not, who recently took their own lives in a bid to end the suffering caused by anti-gay bullying:

“Seriously they want me to wear purple because five queers committed suicide. The only way im wearin it for them is if they all commit suicide. I cant believe the people of this world have gotten this stupid. We are honoring the fact that they sinned and killed therselves because of their sin. REALLY PEOPLE.”

[…]

“No because being a fag doesnt give you the right to ruin the rest of our lives. If you get easily offended by being called a fag then dont tell anyone you are a fag. Keep that shit to yourself. I dont care how people decide to live their lives. They dont bother me if they keep it to thereselves. It pisses me off though that we make a special purple fag day for them. I like that fags cant procreate. I also enjoy the fact that they often give each other aids and die. If you arent against it, you might as well be for it.”

[…]

“I would disown my kids if they were gay. They will not be welcome at my home or in my vicinity. I will absolutely run them off. Of course my kids will know better. My kids will have solid christian beliefs. See it infects everyone.”

Before you ask for confirmation out of incredulity: Yes, this man is on a school district board in charge of handling the well-being of children, including the very individuals he so openly rejoices at the thought of seeing them kill themselves. And better yet, the Arkansas Department of Education regretfully stated that despite their condemnation of his remarks, they are pretty much stuck with him regardless unless he commits an actual crime. (As in breaking civil law, not moral laws.)

Not unironically, this comes just as a number of prominent anti-gay activists made it quite clear how their vicious and disgusting bigoted rhetoric has nothing to do with how LGBT teens feel alone and depressed and that some of them are pushed so far as to commit suicide. I’ll let you insert your own cracks about that.

(via Pharyngula and Right Wing Watch)