Sunday, September 19, 2010

Daily Blend: Sunday, September 19, 2010

| »
Jean-Luc Godard
Jean-Luc Godard

See, this is why I didn’t want my brother to move back in. I now have an urgent need to sound-proof my bedroom door and walls to prevent his unspeakably execrable substitute for “music” (think what passes for music in ghettos) – which, naturally, he insists on blaring from the living room speakers and subwoofer – from seeping into my room and driving me insane in a matter of hours.

  • Another Jehovah’s Witness willing to sacrifice her child’s life for her stupid beliefs.
    (via @godlesswoman)

  • I don’t know anything about Jean-Luc Godard [pictured], other than he’s now my personal hero. (Well, okay, not really. But still, that’s one cool-ass move.) Finally, a prominent artist who fucking gets it about “intellectual property”.
    (via @ebertchicago)

  • Another brilliant court ruling: Second Circuit Court of Appeals declares that corporations are immune from liability for human rights abuses, from slavery to torture to genocide.

  • 13 congregants from a cult-like church in Palmdale, California, including up to 8 children, gone missing to await “Rapture” and feared at risk for a mass suicide.

If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.