Sunday, August 08, 2010

Fail Quote of the Day: That’s not how evolution works

| »
“Stop following me! I’m a Creationist” | Bizarro
[source: Nerdy Science Blog]

Melody Weeks doesn’t like being told that evolution is a scientific fact and that Creationism is hogwash that should not be taught in schools. And so she writes in to the Morning Sentinel:

After reading two letters from Michael Hawkins regarding his discriminate view that “creation” shouldn’t be taught in public schools, I am compelled to write this letter.

He considers evolution a science that should be taught because evolution is “scientifically proven.” OK, show me one human being conceived, carried and delivered by apes. What? Can’t do it? Then I guess you can’t prove it, eh?

His is one of theory and speculations by “educated” human beings. [my emphasis]

Dear Melody,

It is my regret to inform you that you are a complete idiot, have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about, and have just made a complete fool of yourself on the Interwebz. Kindly never disgrace us with your laughably stupid writings ever again.

Yours in derision,
— The Smart World

(via @ebertchicago)