Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fail Quote of the Day: McCain denies flip-flopping, blames the media

| »
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
[source: 44]

From Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona), who’s had more flip-flops in his policies than on his feet in his life:

"[Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)] knows that I don't change in my positions," he says. "I have not changed in my positions. I know how popular it is for the Eastern press to paint me as having changed positions. That's not true. I know they're going to continue to say it. It's fundamentally false. Not only am I sure that they'll say it, you'll [Politics Daily senior correspondent Jill Lawrence] say it. You'll write it. And I've just grown to accept that."

Of course the media will chronicle you constantly rewriting your own policies and your own ideological stances. Because you’ve turned into an ideological weathervane these days in response to political rival and right-wing nutter JD Hayworth. You don’t get to play the poor little victim of media persecution over it.

Speaking of which, it seems to have become a rather clear telltale sign of a dishonest crank, hasn’t it, that they’re the ones who attack the “lamestream”, “liberal” media whenever their words and actions aren’t reported favorably?