And now proving that absolutely anyone can get on the ballot if they’re able to string two words together: Here’s Basil Marceaux, Republican candidate for Tennessee governor, listing some of his positions.
It’s a little hard to make out just what he’s saying with his accent (seriously, you Southerners actually understand each other without captions?), but it seems that his agenda includes:
- Recalling all permits and registrations for guns (“anyone can carry a gun; if you kill someone now, you get murdered or go to jail”);
- Planting grass and vegetation across the state and in any vacant lot (and “sell it for gas”?);
- Removing all (French?) flags from the state and “fly[ing] the real flag with three stripes”;
- Stopping all traffic stops;
- Having everyone say the Pledge of Allegiance, pray to God and “say Amen”.
Well, gosh-darn it, I’m sold. How ’bout you?