Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Scariest film cover art ever? [mild content warning]

| »

Am I a wuss (possibly a tasteless one), or is that face the scariest thing ever printed on a film cover art? [Note: I’ve placed the image below the fold, just in case other people may be potential wusses like me. Not really NSFW; just really creepy.]

Cover art for ‘Darkness Falls’ [2003]

I dunno what it is, but the composure and design of that image really gets to me; I shiver every time I see the bloody hideous thing. I used to be especially terrified of horror films as a little child, so perhaps it’s just a sort of leftover trauma-type-thing. Dunno.

Disregarding the cruddiness of the actual movie itself (which I am currently watching at the time of writing this, not-so-ironically enough), is anyone mildly spooked by this Face of Teh Evil? Or, what art for what movie (or game, book, etc.) can’t you glance at without feeling a shiver creep down your spine?

Just random thoughts.