Sunday, November 15, 2009

Great quote + sex = George Carlin quote

| »

Continuing from a thread at Blag Hag on the non-evils of prostitution, comes along this great George Carlin quote:

Why is prostitution illegal? Selling is legal. Fucking is legal. Why is selling fucking illegal?

I certainly have nothing against prostitution, and I can’t find a single credible argument against it, either. What women people[2] choose to use their bodies for is entirely their business, and I fully support the legalization (with regulation) of prostitution. But, nevermind the debate[1] – I just needed to add some extra text to frame the above quote. Heh.

[1] Unless you wish to debate in the comments, in which case I happily invite a discussion.

[2] Thanks to Veritas in the comments for catching my silly mistake, and to Uzza for reminding me to remain as transparent as I can. Oy. (By the way: if anyone knows how to produce a double-strikethough in HTML or CSS or whatever, please inform me. I’ve Googled around for a while but can’t find anything.)

(via a comment from Incidence at Blag Hag)
Technorati tags: · · ·