Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My, he really will splutter over the tiniest things

| »

There is perhaps no better illustration of the Christian Persecution Complex sufferer than everyone’s beloved purple-faced crank, president of the Catholic League Bill “Jackass” Donohue. And, here is a perfect example to bring credence to such an illustration. Below is the text of an eMail alert sent to everyone on the Catholic League’s mailing list (taken from PZ, with original colors):

On Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 8:45 am ET, Catholic League President Bill Donohue will appear on Fox News Channel's "Fox and Friends."

He will discuss the recent attack on Jesus on HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

First of all, just in case you’re curious, here’s the clip- (and “attack”-)in-question:

Okay, so that was a bit lame at times, but it was okay overall. I’d say I was far more amused at just how ironically realistic it was – the idea of something so stupid and silly (and otherwise readily explainable) being declared a bona fide miracle and then used to draw crowds of the credulous – than at the piss-on-Jesus’-face bit (or even hanging off the ceiling by grabbing onto the girl’s muffin-top. Though, if that doesn’t push girls to be more self-conscious, I dunno what will). Unless that’s what the show actually had in mind, in which case … nah, still wasn’t that funny. (Props for cleverness, though.)

Thankfully, there is nothing in Earth, Heaven or Hell that could possibly get me to watch Fox and Friends as long as I am of my own will (unless perhaps U2 made an appearance), so I suppose I’ll miss out on Donohue’s furious blathering about how a single drop of wee on a painting of Jebus makes the hearts of Catholics worldwide shrivel up in despair and agony, but I’m sure it’ll be of some entertainment value to some. You masochists, you.

(via Pharyngula)