Friday, September 04, 2009

You don't know crazy until you meet the Japanese Prime Minister's wife

| »

And I thought all Japanese people were smart. Shows me. You'd better hope Miyuki Hatoyama, wife of new Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama, doesn't start to rub off on her husband, or else Japan may be heading for a serious case of teh nutz. Just look at some of the lunacy she comes out with:

"I eat the sun," Miyuki says, raising her arms as if to tear pieces off an imaginary sun. "Like this: yum, yum, yum. It gives me enormous energy. My husband has recently started doing that too." [Guess it's too late on that not-rubbing-off-on-the-Prime-Minister thing then ...]

[...]

"While my body was asleep, I think my soul rode on a triangular-shaped UFO and went to Venus," she wrote, adding: "It was a very beautiful place, and it was very green."

[...]

In a TV interview earlier this year,she claimed she had met Tom Cruise in a previous life, in what must have been an unnerving meeting of Scientology and new age spiritualism.

"I have a dream that I still believe will come true, which is to make a film in Hollywood," she said. "The lead actor is Tom Cruise, of course. Why? Because he was Japanese in a previous life."

...

Seriously, I've seen, heard and read all types of woo and crazy, but this is one of the rare times when you actually have to wonder how the hell these people aren't literally declared legally insane and institutionalized post-haste. This isn't even New Age anymore, it's literal insanity. I don't think even woo-peddler Oprah Winfrey would wanna be seen next to such a fruitcake (and she's signed off on some pretty insane shit before.)

But, hey, if she makes the Prime Minister happy. As long as it doesn't start bleeding into his work ... then the Japanese might start wondering why their Rising Sun is suddenly sporting bitemarks.

(via Friendly Atheist)

Technorati tags: · · ·