Saturday, September 12, 2009

I fear I have committed a great crime against humanity

| »

I mean, the portion of humanity that stumbles haphazardly across this blog. You see, I have sinned the sin of forgetfulness. For, I have forgotten to link the Jerry the Frog Productions in my Websites of Note index in my right sidebar.

For anyone who doesn't know, Jerry the Frog Productions was a wonderful and brilliant parody website known especially for its Movie Puppet Theater section where the author, LynxGriffin, would post hilarious, satirical puppet show-style parodies of popular films, such as Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Mummy, and many others. There was even a subsection for fans who sent in their their own submissions, many of which were just as good. I cannot begin to estimate how many hours I wasted on that site, just browsing the parodies and laughing myself silly. (Oh dear, I'm getting nostalgic here ... Quick, someone slap me before I start quoting Robert Frost's 'Nothing Gold Can Stay'.)

Unfortunately, due to unpredictable circumstances that were out of LynxGriffin's control (such as, you know, her having a life to live, school, and the site being rather expensive, and all that), she was forced to abruptly end JtFP. It has been offline since summer of 2006, which is a tragedy for all, I assure you.

Mercifully, thanks to the magic that is the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, we're still able to peruse the old haunt and regal ourselves in the clever insanity of the humor within. (Okay, so maybe I'm going a bit heavy on the prose here. What can I say? I love that site.)

Relatedly: I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but it seems LG may be trying to revive the old haunt on LiveJournal; there've been a story or two posted already, though the fact that it hasn't been updated since late 2008 rings ominously. She also has a (horribly abandoned) LiveJournal of her own. See if you can't produce enough teary puppydog eyes to convince her to throw us a bone?