Saturday, April 20, 2013

Daily Blend: 04/20/13

| »
Abortion: My Mind, My Body, My Choice

With that hurdle out of the way, time to play catch-up:

  • Only functioning abortion clinic in Mississippi gets a temporary reprieve from being shut down by anti-abortion legislators.
    (via @breakingpol; RT: @BreakingNews)

  • Rio de Janeiro becomes tenth Brazilian state to legalize same-sex marriage.
    (via Joe. My. God.)

  • Imagine that an eighth-grader gets suspended, arrested and charged for wearing an anti-gun shirt to school. Now, imagine it’s a pro-gun shirt. Any difference?
    (via @radleybalko)

  • And finally, the Family Research Council gets busted for blatantly bullshitting about the Boy Scouts. Why, exactly, does anyone still take these pathological liars seriously again?
    (via Joe. My. God.)

  • If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.