Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Atheism Plus now has a wiki!

| »
Scarlet ‘A+’ of Atheism Plus

For those of you who still aren’t decided on whether the fledgling movement is a fit, or for those interested in learning a little more about social justice and how to be a better person around others from different walks of life, the Atheism Plus Wiki is now online. It’s still a bit wet behind the ears, though, so feel free to contribute if you have something to add to its as-of-yet rudimentary list of resources.

Me, I’ll just be trying to wrap my mind around all these weird prefixes and suffixes that combine in to denote the intricacies of different people’s genderal or sexual identities. (Perhaps that’s another example of cis/hetero privilege – I don’t have to learn thirteen new terms to situate myself on the gender/sexuality spectrum, nor do I often receive glassy-eyed looks for explaining my leanings.)