Saturday, November 03, 2012

Daily Blend: Saturday, November 03, 2012

| »
Walter White (‘Breaking Bad’)
Walter White
  • Must-read: A U.S. historian explains in cogent and fascinating detail why he won’t be voting Republican for the foreseeable future.
    (via Political Irony)

  • MythBusters go Breaking Bad [pictured] next spring. I think I just died from crystal-pure glee.

  • And finally, the “Greatest Generation” has a message about the election [NSFW language]:

    Transcript: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []

    Enter the Rosebud Nursing Home.

    TITLE: A MESSAGE FROM THE GREATEST GENERATION

    MARIE (97): I was born in 1915 during World War I. My first vote was in 1940 for Franklin D. Roosevelt, and I have not missed an election since. And I want the Republican Party to know: If your voter suppression throughout this beautiful country enables Romney to oust Barack Obama, we will burn this motherfucker down.

    ELDERLY HISPANIC MAN: Sí se puede. (“Yes we can.”)

    DOROTHI (75): I have four generations of family on this Earth and my life has been very blessed. And if the Republicans steal this election, I’m gonna track down Mitt Romney and give him the world’s biggest cock-punch! … What’s the matter, sonny? You never heard that phrase, “cock-punch”? Haha … Right in the nut-sack.

    JOHN (85): I served during World War II. I’m the last of my buddies still here. And I’ve got a message for kids, Democrats, for anyone who cares about honest elections: If you let the Republicans do this to you again, after we die, we’re gonna look down on you from Heaven and we’re gonna make a point of watching you have sex every time.

    Dorothi raises her binoculars with a vindictive grin.

    JOHN (CONT’D): No matter how kinky!

    MARIE: Especially if we’re related.

    JOHN: The best way to stop the GOP from stealing the election is to make sure it isn’t even close. Go to votersrising.org.

    ALL: Sign up and [?] the vote!

  • If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.