Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Daily Blend: Tuesday, October 23, 2012

| »
Tawfiq Okasha (Egyptian talk show host)
Tawfiq Okasha

Welp, as of this evening, I’m officially a student again. At least I’ll be studying from home this time, which effectively nullifies 95% of all my previous issues with school. Now, if I could only remember how to hold a pencil … (It’s between the thumb and index, right? Wait, don’t tell me, I’ll get it!)

  • The reality: Change.org to start allowing ads from all sides. The perception: The site’s turning into a Republican-run anti-abortion corporatocracy!
    (via Joe. My. God.)

  • This is censorship: Egyptian TV host gets four months in jail for “insulting” President Muhammad Morsi.
    (via @dmataconis; RT: @radleybalko)

  • After Arizona, a federal appeals court prohibits Indiana from defunding state Planned Parenthood affiliates.

  • If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.