Monday, May 21, 2012

Pastor wants gays & lesbians to die out in electrified enclosures

| »

Can you feel the Christian LoveTM tonight? How about at Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina, where Pastor Charles L. Worley delivered this touching sermon calling for gays and lesbians to be rounded up, thrown into concentration camps with electrified fences, and left there to die out because the idea of men kissing makes him “pukin’ sick”:

My transcript: (click the [+/-] to open/close →) []

[Possible transcription errors due to Pastor Worley’s strong accent]

PASTOR CHARLES WORLEY: […] of our President, getting up and saying that it’s all right for two women to marry, or two men to marry – I’ll tell you right now, I was disappointed bad, but – I’ll tell you right there, it’s as sorry as you can get. The Bible’s against it, God’s against it, I’m against it, and if you got any sense, you’re against it!

I figured a way out, a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers, but I couldn’t get it passed in Congress. Build a great, big, large fence, 150 or 100 miles long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. And have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed them, and you know what? In a few years, they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.

If a man ever has a young’un, praise God, he’ll be the first. [indistinct] Hey, I’ll tell you right now, “Who’re you gonna vote for?” I ain’t gonna vote for a baby-killer and a HOMOSEXUAL-LOVER! You said, “Did you mean to say that?” You better believe I did!

God have mercy. It makes me puking sick to think about – I don’t even know whether I want to say this in the pulpit or not – could you imagine kissing some man?

Maybe someone should take the time to inform the dear pastor that’s not how reproduction works.

Then again, now that the Internet’s shining some light on his hate speech, maybe he’ll take a leaf out of fellow North Carolinian hate-preacher Sean Harris’s book and say it was all just a joke and that he was just repeating God’s Word and that all his friends support him and that it’s everyone else’s fault for getting all uppity about it, anyway.

(via ThinkProgress)