Friday, April 06, 2012

Administrative: Help needed for blog glitch [updated]

| »

UPDATE (04/06/12 9:50 PM ET) – It seems the weird thing disappeared as quickly and inexplicably as it first appeared. The posts are now unblemished for your collective enjoyment.

I just discovered an annoying little visual glitch that affects some of the longer posts on this blog. Here’s what it looks like:

It’s a new one, having only materialized this morning (it definitely wasn’t there yesterday – and before anyone asks, no, I didn’t make any changes to the blog template in that time, so we can rule out any immediate error on my part). It only appears on longer posts, such as the two shown above, and the longer the post, the lower down the page it appears. Now, my knowledge of HTML/CSS coding is limited at best (being entirely self-taught through tutorials and trial & error), and the few tricks I have tried were unsuccessful in identifying what the heck that thing is (looks like half an HTML table) and – rather more importantly – how to get rid of it.

And so, I find myself asking for help. Does anyone with any knowledge of HTML/CSS know either what that thing is, or at least how to find out?

Thanks in advance. (Hopefully.)

Tags: