Friday, January 20, 2012

Purity Bear doesn’t want you having sex before marriage

| »

Contrary to appearances, this is not a parody. It’s a very real attempt by Christians to discourage premarital rumpy-pumpy in promotion of the Liberty Counsel-sponsored Day of Purity:

My transcript: (click the [+/-] to expand/collapse →) []

Teen girl and boy slowly walk home and stop at the front door.

GIRL: I had a really good time tonight.

BOY: Yeah, me too.

GIRL: I really like you a lot. You’re not like the other guys.

BOY: I really like you a lot, too. You look so pretty tonight.

GIRL: You know, my parents aren’t home right now, if you wanna come inside for a little bit.

As the boy stands there, a creepy black teddy bear, Purity Bear, with a crooked grin and tiny, beady eyes slowly rises over his shoulder.

PURITY BEAR [monotone]: Hey, don’t do it. This decision could define the rest of your life. I know she’s cuddly; look at me, I’m cuddly.

Beat. Purity Bear disappears.

BOY: Nah, you’re worth the wait. This doesn’t feel right.

We skip to their wedding day with a big wooden cross in the background.

BOY: Now this feels right.

Fade to black with Day of Purity logo and website URL.

Just try and tell me this wasn’t your first thought:

“Purity Bear” parody with Pedobear

Honestly, what is the takeaway message, here? That the creepy Purity Bear will be watching you whenever you have sex? That you’re better off avoiding intimate physical contact and just jump right into marriage instead?

Then again, creeping the libido right out of Christian teens might just be what the people behind this video are after in the first place.

(via Right Wing Watch)