Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Fail Quote: Rep. Bachmann doesn’t know how to be a politician

| »
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)

In which Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) takes a leaf from failed Delaware Senate candidate Christine “I’m not a witch, I’m you!” O’Donnell’s book – with similarly disturbing results:

Republican hopeful Michele Bachmann seems to have found a new favorite tag line in the midst of her bus tour: “I'm one of you.”

It's a phrase she's been using more and more, and Monday she seemed to be saying it everywhere she went.

"I am not a politician. I am a real person. I don't even know how to be a politician," Bachmann said in a news conference outside a high school in Grundy Center, Iowa.

"That is why I am in trouble all the time in Washington DC because I am constantly fighting the establishment in Washington, D.C.," she added.

While it’s comforting to finally see her acknowledge her utter incompetence at holding any sort of public office (though not before the entire world had apparently realized it before her), it might be a bit more reassuring if she hadn’t gotten this epiphany while running for President of the United States.

Really, you kooks and nutballs need to stop trying to pretend to be “one of the people”. That would only be true if the global average IQ were below that of a parsnip’s.

(via ThinkProgress)