Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fail Quote: Fox’s Megyn Kelly calls pepper spray a “food product”

| »
Megyn Kelly
Megyn Kelly

This one’s been exploding around the ’Net for a few hours, so it’s only fitting I make it into today’s Fail Quote installment. From Fox News’s Megyn Kelly, appearing on Bill O’Reilly’s show and unleashing this whopper about the UC Davis pepper-spraying incident:

O’REILLY: Um – First of all, pepper spray. That just burns your eyes, right?

KELLY: Right. I mean, it’s like a derivative of actual pepper. It’s a food product, essentially.

Yes, because who doesn’t enjoy a nice snack of a million Scovilles or two? Burning and suffocation as means for oppression – yummy!

Here is where I’d make half-a-dozen snide remarks about Kelly & co.’s lack of cumulative brains to fill a thimble, but thankfully, the Intertubes have virtually (ha) exploded with glee at the creation of a new meme, thus sparing me the need to come up with clever analogies and amusing jokes and whatnot.

Why, yes, I’m lazy. (Which, in my defense, is still a damn sight better than whatever Kelly, O’Reilly and the other clowns at Fox are.)

(via @SimonMaloy)