Sunday, June 19, 2011

Obama impersonator accidentally exposes conservatives’ racism and cowardice

| »

How’s this for revealing? A President Obama impersonator at the Republican Leadership Conference (RLC 2011) makes a bunch of (very tame) racially charged jokes about the biracial President and gets great laughs. But then, he makes a few (equally tame) swipes at some leading Republican presidential candidates over their little “flamboyant hypocrisy” problems, and immediately, everyone turns sour and he gets ushered off the stage:

REGGIE BROWN (OBAMA IMPERSONATOR): I love vacations. A few months back, the family and I took a nice, relaxing vacation in the state of my birth, Hawaii. Or, as the Tea Partiers still call it, Kenya. [Crowd laughs.]

[…]

BROWN: My favorite month is February: Black History Month. You see, Michelle, she celebrates the full month. And, uh, you know, I celebrate half. [Crowd laughs.]

[…]

BROWN: My father was a Black man from Kenya, and my mother was a White woman from Kansas. So, yes, my mother loved a Black man, and no, she was not a Kardashian. [Crowd laughs.]

[…]

BROWN: I had my team of experts use the latest computer technology to predict what Michelle and I are gonna look like at the end of my first term.

[Screen flashes scene from undetermined origin with an older Black couple in some apparent argument. Crowd laughs and applauds.]

[…]

BROWN: Don’t get me wrong. He [Mitt Romney] might make a great President, along with his First Lady … uh, Second Lady … uh, Third Lady … [Crowd sours.] It’s unfortunate that Tim Pawlenty couldn’t make it here, but cut him some slack. He’s having his foot surgically removed from his mouth. [Mild reaction.] Oh, no, don’t worry. Lucky for him, he’s covered under ObamneyCare. [Mild reaction.] So, yeah. That, along with spinal transplants. [Disapproving reaction.]

[…]

[Organizer comes up and ushers Brown off the stage to mild applause.]

Other than the obvious, all I have to say is that Brown’s voice really is remarkably like the real President’s. If only he also shared his sense of humor.

(via @todayspolitics)