Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eight horses killed in anti-gay arson attack [updated]

| »
Spray paint on side of burned-own barn: “FAGS ARE FREAKS”
“FAGS ARE FREAKS”
[full size (640×480)]

When bigots become terrorists:

Seven adult horses and one foal died as a result of an arson fire at 874 West Richards Road in McConnelsville just after 11:30 p.m. on Sunday. Owner Brent Whitehouse said he woke to discover the barn engulfed in flames and immediately called 911, but it was too late.

"I couldn't get the door open I could still hear the horses kicking and I tried as hard as I could to get them out and I just couldn't get them out in time," he said.

Those who know Brent believe this was a hate crime, explicit words relating to his sexuality were spray painted in large white letters on the side of the barn before the fire was started.

"They obviously don't know him very well, because he's a sweet-hearted person and how he lives his lifestyle is nobody's business but his own," said Friend Bobbie Nelson.

Except, of course, those who make it their own. And then cast suffering upon the innocent, human and otherwise.

May the sick fucks did this be caught and rot in prison for a long time. If not, then this is one of those rare times where I think vigilante justice would be perfectly morally justified.

(via Joe. My. God)


UPDATE: (04/27/11 2:00 PM) – Local insurance group the Blue Ribbon Arson Committee has put up a $5,000 reward for anyone who can help identify the culprit(s).

(via Joe. My. God)