Monday, March 28, 2011

Gingrich: America turning into a “secular” “Islamist” country

| »
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich

This is perfect Fail Quote material, but alas, I’ve already made such a post earlier today. So instead, let’s just point and laugh as Newt Gingrich says something stupid:

"I have two grandchildren: Maggie is 11; Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

And Gingrich has even less understanding of the meaning of the buzzwords coming out of his mouth. (Although, I do indeed fear the premise of an atheistic society dominated by religious zealots … if only because it would signify that logic itself had died.)

(via Pharyngula)