Sunday, January 16, 2011

Old IntenseDebate comments restored!

| »
Preliator

As some of the more long-time readers of this blog may remember, I previously operated with the IntenseDebate commenting platform before finally migrating to Disqus. Unfortunately, as I noted at the time, I had unfortunately forgotten to export all the comments the blog had received until then, thus essentially wiping every thread clean of reader input. (And so the puppies wept.)

However, it turns out that the Internet really is a magical place, especially in terms of archival wonders. Browsing around, I suddenly got a brainwave: Maybe the ID comments could still be backed up from the IntenseDebate website? (No, please don’t ask why the thought had never occurred to me before. I’m sufficiently ashamed as it is.)

So, not-so-long story short, I was able to retrieve all of the ID comments and subsequently import them back into Disqus. So, there you go: all of your pre-07/12/10 comments, restored in their rightful glory. (Oh, how I missed that thread.)

Just thought I’d let y’all know.