Saturday, January 15, 2011

Daily Blend: Saturday, January 15, 2011

| »
Kaylee (~ 2½ years old)
Kaylee (~ 2½ years old), pretending she’s ceramic
[full size (501×600)]

Alas, my beloved little Kaylee [pictured] is leaving me today. Now she can annoy the hell out of my father’s girlfriend’s sister. :3 (Yes, I will miss her.)

  • Wingnut Rep. Leo Berman (R-TX) wants to ban all “religious or cultural law” in Texas, apparently doesn’t realize this also applies to the Ten Commandments he loves so much, along with things like religious marriages and wills.
    (via @todayspolitics)

  • Another thing I didn’t know: Women apparently aren’t allowed to engage in combat in the US Military … yet.
    (via @todayspolitics)

  • Pentagon apparently idolizes Solid Snake, now wants to start sequencing soldiers’ genomes.
    (via @todayspolitics)

  • Florida trailer park man sues WikiLeaks for scaring him.
    (via Fark)

  • Obama administration loosens some restrictions on travel to Cuba. I guess the rest of the Cold War-era embargo is still necessary.

If you have any story suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments or send them in.