Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I’m baaaaack! (until the next hardware failure)

| »
Broken computer with keyboard through monitor
The IT gods require their sacrifice

This seems to be becoming a recurring theme. Every time I finally start to fall back into my groove and get some decent traffic streaming through this blog, real life throws an informatic curveball at me – specifically, an Internet-connectivity-related one. Just over a month ago, I was stuck offline for a week longer than expected due to delays with the installation in our new place. And now, just last Thursday, my computer decided that two sticks of RAM that I had installed over two years ago and that had never posed any sort of problem since were actually of the wrong format and wouldn’t boot up again until I had it fixed. Which, of course, took another bloody week. (Or so it very much felt like.)

At any rate, I’m back now. Again. I’d say “for good”, but the fates have slapped me thoroughly enough every time I’ve said that in the past to teach me to err on the side of caution. So, I’m back – until my motherboard dies. Or the brand new hard drive fails. Or a comet hits. Seriously, nothing surprises me anymore.

Anyway, back to blogging. And revising my ruddy book. And planning a new one. And catching up on all I’ve missed. Now, shoo, I’m busy.