Monday, August 30, 2010

Shortened posts for faster loading of main page

| »
Preliator
Preliator

This is just a quick advisory to let you know (in case you couldn’t tell) that I’m implementing a slightly updated format style regarding the length of the blog posts displayed on the main page. I’ve decided to shorten the amount of each post that displays on the index, thus cutting back on the overall length of the main page and hopefully reducing the loading time, especially for those of you not blessed with high speed connections (which apparently includes me, bugger).

(And, no, this decision has nothing to do with the fact that you now have to actually open up a larger number of posts in order to see the rest of the content, thus driving up my page hits. Totally irrelevant. Not a factor at all.)

Update: I’ve also changed Mojoey’s Atheist Blogroll (middle right sidebar) from the scrolling marquee version to the fixed version showing the latest 25 additions. Ought to help speed things up a bit.

Like the changes? Is the blog loading any faster for you? Do let me know in the comments!