Thursday, July 01, 2010

Daily Blend: Thursday, July 01, 2010

| »
King “Tut” Tutankhamun sarcophagus mask

So I installed an antivirus at last (don’t ask me why I didn’t have one until now) and killed the roughly 2,500 Trojans that had nested in my PC. All this thanks to PZ Myers and that dratted link! May your tentacles shrivel and fall off, O Squidly One.

  • Republicans are against providing aid and welfare to homeless veterans with children. What, you expected any different? They care about obstructionism, not people’s well-being. More evidence to my theory that the GOP is nothing more than a cancer to the United States.
    (via @todayspolitics)

  • Archbishop of Vienna, Cardinal Christoph Shoenborn, decried Vatican officials’ blocking of clerical child sex abuse investigations. So, naturally, Pope Ratzi spoke out and condemned … Cardinal Shoenborn. Not the, y’know, officials who impede investigations into priestly child molestation and all that.
    (via The Agitator)

  • Once again proving how it’s the size of one’s inbred, Malaria-stricken balls, not grossly undersized member, that make a King [pictured].
    (via The Daily Grail)

  • Christopher Hitchens : “I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus. This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice.” Best wishes to one of the atheism’s strongest writers and an indomitable debater.
    (via Friendly Atheist)

  • The 100 greatest movie insults. Some of them suck moldy donkey balls.
    (via @vulture)

  • Faux News actually asks whether libraries are a “waste of tax money” and if they should be eliminated. And you thought they kept their anti-intellectualism covert. Includes the sort of in-depth investigative journalism you’d expect from Fox where they stayed at a library and observed its clientele for a full … hour. Then left and used their observations as conclusions about the establishment’s total clientele.
    (via @todayspolitics)

As always, if you have any story suggestions, feel free to send them in.