Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hypocritical Quote of the Day: Saudi-funded Gingrich attacks Saudi-funded Harvard

| »
Newt Gingrich
Newt Gingrich

From Faux News paid contributor Newt Gingrich, typically attacking President Obama’s Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan on Fox and taking a short tangent to attack Harvard University:

On the one hand, Harvard accepts money from Saudis. Saudi Arabia, by the way, executes homosexuals. Saudi Arabia represses women. Saudi Arabia does not allow Christians or Jews to practice their religion, but Saudi money is fine.

Said the guy being paid to appear on a “news” channel that is, itself, partially funded and owned by a Saudi prince. Hypocritical moron.

(By the way, his point about Harvard accepting money from gay-killing and woman-oppressing Saudi Arabia is that silly old “tainted money” argument. It really makes no sense to me not to accept money, even from disreputable sources; I’m the kind of guy who would happily accept a bribe from a criminal and then send him off to jail anyway. The bad guy is punished and I just made myself a few bucks – justice is still served and I can afford myself a few treats. I don’t see a rational problem.)

(via Dispatches From the Culture Wars)