Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FAIL Quote of the Day: Those cowardly, gay-hating troops again

| »
Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)
Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Oklahoma)

Here’s another anti-gay Republican using another tired old argument against allowing gays to serve openly in the military:

INHOFE: For those of us -- and I'm one of them -- who have gone through the military, gone through basic training, and you stop and think -- it just doesn't make any sense. Second of all, it's just not working. You have women, men, then you have a third group to deal with, and they're not equipped to do that.

And you know -- you hear the stories all the time. A military guy -- I happen to be Army, and Army and Marines always feel that when we're out there, we're not doing it for the flag or the country; we're doing it for the guy in the next foxhole. And that would dramatically change that.

So American soldiers are so bigoted that they would refuse to fight for their comrades, just because they might happen to be gay? How do those who use this sort of specious and absurd argument not realize the horrible insult they’re paying to the troops they supposedly support?

If I were in the army and I heard some moron politician say something like that about me and my brothers-in-arms, I’d probably wanna french-kiss the nearest guy I could find just to prove the freaking point. On the battlefield, as with anywhere else, what you like to do with the junk between your legs absolutely doesn’t freaking matter.

(via Dispatches From the Culture Wars)