Sunday, April 18, 2010

A revised poll regarding comments functionality [closed]

| »
Preliator

I previously asked you readers to tell me, via a poll, how the comments labels on the main page (“Leave a Comment”, “3 Comments”, etc.) appeared, and if it was broken (ie. if it appeared as “undefined” with a broken link). I received 5 answers in total, and as I feared, 4/5 of them were that most of the links (not all) were broken.

Problem is, though, I forgot about browser compatibility and how that might affect the results. What works well in Firefox may be all glitchy in Internet Explorer (IE), and so on. So, for clarification’s sake, I’ve created and posted a revised poll at the top right sidebar: same questions, only now I ask that you also choose which browser you’re using. You can choose a maximum of three answers (in case you use different browsers, and if you want to add a short comment under “Other”). I know it’s a bit tedious to ask again, but please, if you answered the previous poll, do answer again. It might help me decide what to do about the glitch-in-question.


UPDATE: (5:36 PM) – I’ve (finally) just contacted IntenseDebate technical support. Here’s hoping I receive a reply before long.

UPDATE #2: (5:46 PM) – Also, I’ve closed and removed the poll as it is no longer needed. Results are clear: readers using Firefox have most of the comments labels appear broken.