Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why do celebrities I like keep dying?

| »

Here’s a gag my godfather sent via eMail, translated from the original French.

Santa Clause in workshop

Dear Santa Clause,

This year you took my favorite singer, MICHAEL JACKSON, my favorite actor, PATRICK SWAYZE and my favorite actress FARRAH FAWCETT.

I would like to remind you that my favorite politicians are JEAN CHAREST [Premier of Québec, generally incompetent buffoon] and prime minister HARPER [sorta like our own Reagan].

Don’t forget them

Thanks.

The joke kinda fails seeing as I have to explain who they are (well, at least for Charest, most likely) and that few who do know them know them well enough as to resent them. A more Americanized version might perhaps replace them with JOE LIEBERMAN, the slimy crank responsible for making sure the Senate healthcare bill is a load of depleted crap, and SARAH PALIN, who … is just too stupid to bear.

(And, no, I’m not entirely sure why it’s addressed to Santa, considering the message, but then, if this is bothering you, you may be looking a tad too deep into the joke, there.)

(via my godfather)

Technorati tags: · · · · · · · ·