Thursday, November 12, 2009

Tale of the divine naan bread

| »

Darren Farrant is your typical Christian believer, in that he sees things where none are. But, let’s just give him the benefit of the doubt for a moment and explore this story:

IT started out as a normal night out with friends – a curry and a few beers.

But one student got a shock when he sat down to tuck into his lamb rogan josh – and discovered the face of Jesus staring back at him.

Solent University student Darren Farrant was about to take a bite out of a naan bread when he noticed the image on the underside of the classic side dish.

The 19-year-old criminology student had been enjoying a curry with friends at Poppadom Express in Oxford Street when he spotted what he claims is an image of the son of God.

[…]

Darren, originally from East Sussex, added: “I once spotted Jesus’ face in the crinkles of my mum’s bed cover.

“It’s really weird, I can’t explain it.”

I can. Three guesses on what my pseudo-expert opinion is?

Anyway, all this talk of curry and bread is making guy hungry. Now, where’s this Jesus face thingy? Can we see it?

Naan bread pareidolia

Yeah … I don’t see Jesus, either. Guess I won’t become a born-again Christian, then. Back to my savage godless ways …

Hey, non-Jesus-face bread looks tempting … *munch*

*Spits* Eww! Is that a hair? Bad hairy fake-Jesus bread!

(via @religionnews)
Technorati tags: · ·