Tuesday, October 27, 2009

This is why I love the Governator

| »

California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has to be my favorite Republican in office. The guy makes others of the GOP look like incompetent assholes (which so many of them are), and quite frankly, with his reasonable and open-minded policies (he himself is pro-choice, pro-stem cell research, supports gay rights, has lax views on the death penalty, etc.) he is about as liberal a Republican as I’ve seen them in recent years. Another thing I like about him, is that this guy’s got balls, to put it plainly. Here’s just the latest example of such: he recently vetoed yet another unnecessary bill and, fed up with the legislature constantly ignoring larger issues he wants to see dealt with, he slipped in a little message to the California State Assembly:

Vetoed bill with special message

Hot damn. I think they just terminated his patience. [ducks]

(via @todayspolitics)
Technorati tags: ·