Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Honoring the anniversary of a great country, and economic crises = same thing, really

| »

I’m bored, so I thought I’d mention yet another stupid quote from Vox Day. Because I can.

New York's iconic Empire State Building will light up red and yellow Wednesday in honor of the 60th anniversary of communist China.

Allow me to translate:

Dear People's Republic of China,

Please don't stop buying our debt. Please, for the sweet love of Chairman Mao, don't stop buying it!

Yours submissively,
Wall Street

Oy. Of course, it can’t just be a tribute to a long-standing and ever-growing superpower. Nah – it has to have some subliminal meaning. China is taking over America, of course. (Second are teh Moslems, and then teh gayz.)

Tell you what, though. If anything ever does have a hidden signification, Vox is one of the last people to look towards for finding it out correctly.